Movie Quotes




Every great movie has at least one memorable line, maybe two.  In fact, there is really a good chance you may borrow that line to express yourself or make some point about your current situation.  For example, after watching just about any Star Wars movie how long did it take you to tell someone "May the force be with you."  Following are a few of my favorites and I am sure you have one or two stored away.


10)    Date night, you are dining out with your significant other in a nice restaurant and wanting to impress her with your sophistication, you raise you glass and say, "here's looking at you kid." (Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca)

9)    Short phrases that stand the test of time for you to pull out anytime - "I'll be back" (Terminator) - Bond, James Bond - "You talking to me" (Taxi Driver).

8)    One of my favorites that I may have used professionally, and one you could use when trying to close a deal-- "show me the money" (Jerry Maguire).

7)    If you have ever been on a cruise ship or maybe just a big boat, you know you have always wanted to go to the front of the ship - spread your arms and say, "I'm the king of the world".  (Titanic)

6)   You and someone close to you, or maybe not so close, are having trouble understanding each other and finally to clear the air, you pull out a top 50 movie quote - "what we have here is a failure to communicate." (Cool hand Luke)

5)    You are heavily involved in some sort of competition (sports, cards etc.) and feeling pretty good about yourself and maybe a little cocky, but you just can't stop yourself and you blurt out -"is that all you got?" Hopefully you won't regret that statement. (Used in over 50 movies)

4)    Tough guy Clint Eastwood, still filming at 90 years of age, is certainly good for a couple of quotes, but his best has to be "Go ahead and make my day."

3)    When things are not going well, or you have a problem, here are a couple of options to lighten up the moment "Houston we have a problem" (Appolo13) or "Toto I have a feeling we are not in Kansas anymore" (Wizard of Oz) or "just make an offer they cannot refuse." (Godfather) 

2)    Reaching way back for this one, a long time ago far far away, but still in this galaxy, I saw one of the best if not the best western ever made - "Shane." If you saw this movie (you are over 60 years old), you can never forget Shane (Alan Ladd) riding off in the sunset after an epic gunfight and little Joey with his dog (see above) pleading and shouting - "Shane, Shane, come back."  It seems like only yesterday.

1)    According to "film critics" and historians the most memorable movie quotation of all time (drum roll) came from "Gone with the Wind". Rhett Butler says to Scarlett, "Frankly my dear I don't give a Da... " which some of you may be saying as you read this last one.








Comments

  1. And who cant forget that's not a knife this is a knife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Mike! I too have been working on a "movie quote" post - they're so much fun! I was inspired to do so after borrowing your Gladiator DVD and hearing one of your favorite quotes - which I'm surprised you didn't use here. You have captured so much with each of your comments to go with the quotes - and your ending is absolutely priceless (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Honest

Nurses

Music