Getting Older

 

Getting older is not for sissies or the faint of heart and not to make you feel depressed or even sad - here are a few honest observations - its life.

10)    To the person who said you are not getting older you are getting better, I want to sell you, my timeshare.

9)    Jeopardy and the Wheel of Fortune are becoming two of your favorite TV shows.

8)    Age is just a number - yeah, a big one.

7)    Getting older is in fact a gift - it gives you the one thing in life you cannot buy - time.

6)   You have reached a point where more people open doors for you - and speaking of open - the little pack of ketchup/mustard from a fast-food joint becomes a real challenge.

5)    The worst compliment you can receive is - "you look great for your age" - really?  What does that even mean.  What age are you referring to - either you look good, or you don't.

4)    As you get older and use your bi-focals on a regular basis, you are guaranteed to misplace them more than once - my advice is to check the top of your head, first.    

3)    If you don't know any of the songs on the Billboards top ten, you are getting older - extra points if you haven't looked at Billboards top ten in years.

2)    Velcro - if I have to explain it, you are under 60 years old.

1)    The very best thing about getting older is you get to watch your grandchildren grow up, which is pretty special.

Comments

  1. Oh, yes! These are all SO true! As an "older" person myself, I can attest to the validity of each of these points. Also, the term "elderly" when applied to me really grates on my nerves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never ever have velco anything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Honest

Nurses

Music